Burlington Store 1052 Grand Island, Nebraska
The roots of Burlington go back to 1924 when we started as a wholesaler of ladies’ coats and juniors’ suits, but over time we have evolved into one of the nation’s top off-price retailers. Now a publicly traded company, with revenues exceeding $6 billion in 2017, we operate more than 670 stores in 48 states and Puerto Rico and are on our way to 1000+ stores. Through strategic purchasing, we are able to offer the latest in branded clothing, shoes, accessories, baby products, and home furnishings at great savings.
Our Corporate Campus is located in Florence, NJ, minutes from metro-Philadelphia. In addition, we have Buying Offices in Los Angeles and New York City; as well as Distribution Centers in New Jersey and California.
At the center of our success are our over 36,000 associates who contribute to our growth by driving results through teamwork, open communication and mutual respect. We work together, have fun together and win together.
Burlington is officially open for business.
The retail outlet, located at 2230 N. Webb Road in the Northwest Commons opened its doors for the first time Friday morning following a ribbon cutting ceremony.
General Manager Jake Scheideler said Burlington has been working on setting up for the opening of the store for the past three weeks. He said a soft opening was held Thursday, with a grand opening on Friday.
“This is our 600th store that they (Burlington) are opening and we are proud to come to the Grand Island community,” Scheideler said.
Our Burlington team gives back to the local communities around our corporate offices and stores in various ways from volunteer work to fundraising campaigns and everything in between. Burlington is a caring company!
I have received several awards for delivering results.
- Top Sales To Plan
- Our Burlington Brand Ambassador
- Top Customer Experience
- Workload Planning Communication 100%
- Carton Per Hour Productivity
- Top Shortage Control Audit
Captain and Committees
I am very active with Burlington. I try to be involved on committees to keep making our company a great place to work and a great place for our customer.
- Region 5 Credit Captain: I send out credit metrics to the region. I help coach and give best practice advice for offering the Burlington Credit Card. I talk on conference calls about new role outs or special events.
- Social Media Boost Program: I am currently involved helping with social media post and being a brand ambassador for my company.
- Portal Committee: Help with ideas and suggestions during round table to make the company portal easier to navigate and find the main resources we need.
- District Merchandise Captain: Send out emails on any new set ups or take downs. Talk about strategic merchandise strategy on conference calls.
- Region Community Captain: I sent out reports, best practices, and would call store management to help keep them on track for any donation/fundraiser we were participating in.